* Fall coffee drinks have already launched
*The beloved Pumpkin Spice Latte cost almost $5 and has about 450 calories
*Save money and calories and make yours at home with these easy recipes
The Labor Day Weekend usually signals the start of fall — and the return of one of America’s most beloved ways to celebrate the new season: Starbucks’s beloved Pumpkin Spice Latte (PSL, for short).
Every September, Starbucks brings back the seasonal drink, but if you’re not interested in dropping an average of $4.65 for a size tall—or downing a whopping 420 calories—read on to find out how to make a more budget-friendly and less caloric dupe for the popular coffee concoction.
1. Pumpkin Spice Latte
Ingredients: 2 Shots of Espresso | 1 Cup of Whole Milk | 1 Tablespoon Pumpkin Spice Flavored Sauce | 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Syrup | Whipped cream | Pumpkin Pie Spice
1. Brew espresso shots.
2. Mix milk, pumpkin sauce, and syrup in a microwave-safe bowl or mug and heat for one minute (or until desired heat is reached). Add to espresso and garnish with whip cream, cinnamon, and ginger.
2. Guilt-Free Pumpkin Space Latte
For a lighter option made with actual pumpkin, opt for this guilt-free latte instead. It has about 130 calories per serving and 9 grams of protein to boot!
Ingredients: Almond Milk | 1 Tablespoon of Pumpkin Puree | 2 Shots of Espresso (or a cup of coffee, brewed extra strong) | 2 Tablespoons of Sugar-free Vanilla Syrup | 1/4 Teaspoon of Pumpkin Pie Spice
1. Brew coffee/espresso shots (try a pumpkin spice flavored variety for an amplified spice flavor)
2. In a large saucepan mix together almond milk, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla syrup.
3. Cook over medium heat for about 3-5 minutes
4. Whisk mixture
5. Blend coffee with milk mixture and garnish as desired (avoid whipped cream)
If you buy something because we told you about it, we may receive compensation from retail partners.