Nearly two weeks into the New Year, 32% of those who resolved to shed vices, take up healthy habits or generally be a better person are already back to their terrible old selves. Instead of resolving to quit drinking, you might do well to simply try drinking better. You don’t have to be a bartender to make a great mixed drink. All you need is a shaker, the right glassware and these cocktail recipes.
THE DIDDY: CÎROC Ultra-Premium Vodka
– 1.5 oz. CÎROC Ultra-Premium Vodka
– 1.5 oz. Lemonade
– 1 Lemon Wheel for Garnish
– Pour the vodka and lemonade together, over ice, in a highball glass
– Garnish with a lemon wheel
APPLE CINNAMON RYE FIZZ: Dad’s Hat Pennsylvania Rye Whiskey
Apples and whiskey are a classic happy hour treat. Sip on an Apple Cinnamon Rye Fizz to wind down – and warm up – after a long day.
– 1.5 oz. Dad’s Hat Pennsylvania Rye
– 1.5 oz. Apple Cinnamon Infused Simple Syrup
– 0.5 oz. Apple Cider
– 0.5 oz. Lemon Juice
– 1 Splash Ginger Ale
– 1 Apple Slice for Garnish
– Combine the whiskey, syrup, cider and juice over ice in a cocktail shaker.
– Shake well
– Pour over fresh ice in a rocks glass
– Garnish with apple slice
SUMMER: Dutch’s Spirits Sugar Wash Moonshine
The name says it all. Serve this cocktail at pool parties and beach trips to stay refreshed and relaxed.
– 2 oz. Dutch’s Sugar Wash Moonshine
– 2 oz. Rosé Wine
– 0.25 oz. Agave Nectar
– 2 oz. Seasonal Berries
– 2 Lemon Wedges
– 1 Splash Club Soda
– Muddle the berries, lemon and agave in shaker, then add ice
– Add ice, liquor and rosé wine
– Shake hard and strain into an empty collins glass
– Add fresh ice
– Splash with club soda
QUEENS 75: Queens Courage Old Tom Gin
Serve this fancy cocktail as an aperitif at your next dinner party. The guests won’t be disappointed.
– 1.0 oz. Queens Courage
– 0.5 oz. Lemon Juice
– 0.5 oz. Simple Syrup
– 3.0 oz. Champagne
– Lemon Twist or Raspberry for Garnish
– Combine the gin, lemon juice and syrup in a shaker with ice
– Strain into a champagne flute
– Top with the drink with champagne
– Garnish with your choice of a lemon twist or raspberry
If you buy something because we told you about it, we may receive compensation from retail partners.