* Find your next book from this list of brilliant authors
* Inspired first-person reads, political discourses and social commentary
* The best-sellers on Amazon so far this year
The future of literature is female. For your summer reading list, be sure to add these eight great books by eight incredible women, covering everything from the Obama administration to Prince Harry.
1. Feel Free: Essays
After bursting on the scene with her searing debut White Teeth , Zadie Smith has steadily become one of the preeminent literary voices of the last twenty years. With Feel Free, she uses the essay format to explore a broad and diverse range of topics, from Facebook to climate change.
2. Not That Bad: Dispatches From Rape Culture
This New York Times Bestseller from Roxane Gay is a collection of brutally honest first-person essays addressing assault, harassment and marginalization. Required reading.
3. Harry: Life, Loss and Love
4. Who Thought This Was a Good Idea? And Other Questions You Should Have Answers to When You Work in the White House
Alyssa Mastromonaco worked for Barack Obama both in the White House and prior to it, and she’s full of hilarious, never-before-heard stories from behind the scenes. In our current political turmoil, it can be refreshing to hear about the past from a woman who tells it like it is. Released over a year ago, this is still one of the best-selling books on Amazon.
5. Girl, Wash Your Face: Stop Believing the Lies About Who You Are so You Can Become Who You Were Meant to Be
CEO of her own media company, Chic Media, Rachel Hollis gives no-holds-barred advice on achieving your dreams. From confessing her love of Matt Damon to speaking openly on the struggles of being a working mother, Hollis owns every mistake and triumph.
6. Kind Is the New Classy: The Power of Living Graciously
Actress and TV personality Candace Bure shares her life lessons and secrets from years on and off screen, penning a book that’s packed with practical advice on how to stay true to yourself. Bure, who first shot to fame on Full House , writes about how even in the face of threats, adversity and rivalries, a kind word will always take you farther than a quick-witted comeback.
7. In Conclusion, Don’t Worry About It
New York Times bestselling author and Gilmore Girl’s Lauren Graham’s latest book is an expansion of the commencement speech she gave at her former high school. It touches on staying grounded and optimistic, no matter what life throws at you.
8. Pretty Mess
Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star Erika Girardi sticks to her signature no-holds-barred style in this tell-all memoir. From what really goes on behind the scenes on Housewives, to her unlikely beginnings, it’s a wild read.