* Friday, December 15 is Free Shipping Day
* Hundreds of retailers are offering free shipping and special deals
* Get guaranteed delivery in time for Christmas
We’ve got just over a week to go until Christmas, and retailers are pulling out the stops to help you check off that holiday shopping list. Today has been designated as “Free Shipping Day,” with hundreds of online sites offering free shipping and guaranteed delivery by Christmas Day.
Along with the free shipping offer, many sites are also offering some big discounts to entice customers to shop. Here’s a partial list of participating stores that are offering free shipping, along with the other promotions they’ve got going on.
* Athleta – free shipping on orders over $50. Plus: we spotted tanks, tees, sweaters and leggings, starting at just $10.
* Barnes and Noble – free shipping on orders over $25. Plus: 50% off best-selling books and 30% off favorite kids toys.
* Foot Locker – free shipping on all orders with no minimum.
* Kate Spade – free shipping and returns. Plus: get a free tote with any fragrance purchase of $95 or more.
* Kohl’s – free shipping on orders over $50. Plus: use promo code SAVEMORE20 to take 20% off purchase of $100 or more. (If your purchase is under $100, the promo code will still get you a tidy 15% discount).
* Macy’s – free shipping on orders over $25 (no minimum for Macy’s card holders). Plus: use promo code SHOP to take an extra 20% off select departments. The promo code will also get you $10 back in Macy’s money for every $50 you spend.
* Saks Fifth Avenue – free shipping, plus use code FESTIVE to get $50-$250 off your purchase (Receive $50 off your purchase of $250 or more, $100 off your purchase of $450 or more, $175 off your purchase of $750 or more, or $250 off of $1000 or more).
* Samsung – free shipping on all orders.
* Target – free shipping and returns, plus take 30% off Christmas trees (many are further reduced). We also spotted up to 30% off on home decor and furniture, plus buy one get one 50% off on a wide selection of beauty and grooming gift sets for men and women.
Keep in mind, this isn’t your last chance to get products shipped by Christmas. For some retailers, you have until Monday or Tuesday (December 18 and 19) to place your orders for standard shipping. If you’re super last minute, some sites are offering overnight and express delivery up until December 22. You’ll have to pay extra, of course, to ensure that your gifts arrive on time.
Free Shipping Day was launched in 2008 to boost online sales in the days leading up to Christmas. The day has been credited as the brainchild of Internet entrepreneur, Luke Knowles.