* Energy-efficient bulbs last longer and cost less
* Switching out your old bulbs for new ones can save hundreds on your electricity bills
* Choose from any of the leading makes and models below
While summer usually means higher electricity bills, there are a few ways you can cut back on costs without having to sweat the heat. One of the quickest (and easiest) ways to do this is to control your energy consumption. You can replace your old, incandescent light bulbs, with newer, more energy-efficient ones. Not sure where to start? Let our selection enlighten you.
1. EcoSmart 40W Equivalent Soft White (4-Pack)
This four-pack set of soft white bulbs features 40-watts of laid-back power to help brighten any room. By using 75% less energy than other leading bulbs, they’re able to stay lit for longer — helping you save money while keeping the lights on.
2. Philips Energy Saver Compact Fluorescent 4-pack
These illuminating 75-watt bulbs turn on slowly and build up to illumination in seconds, giving your rooms a more inviting look and feel. And because they’re energy-saving bulbs, they’re able to last up to 13 times longer than traditional lights.
3. SYLVANIA LED Light Bulb 8.5W – 4 Pack
Each bulb only consumes 8.5 Watts but gives out brightness equivalent to a 60 Watts incandescent bulb, or 800 lumens. With a color temperature of 5000K, these bulbs are very bright and ideal for areas that require a lot of light. What’s more, these lights have a 1200-hour lifespan, so you won’t have to worry about replacing them soon.
4. GE Lighting 68510 Energy Smart 6-pack
This set of six 40-watt bulbs offer a more well-rounded and convenient way to add some light without upping your electricity bill. As an Amazon’s Choice product, you can rest easy knowing your lighting fixtures are in good hands.
5. GE Smart Fluorescent Light Bulbs, 8 Pack, 60 Watt Replacement
Energy-star certified, this pack of eight lights feature a unique spiral design and are equivalent to 60-watt incandescent bulbs. Able to use 75% less energy than traditional light bulbs, you can save hundreds on your electricity bill every year by switching your old lights out for these.