* Mini portable chargers no bigger than a lipstick
* Easy-to-use solutions to keep your gadgets charged
* Lightweight and compact designs aren’t obtrusive
Keeping your smartphone, tablet, or other gadget fully charged is a challenge unique to the 21st century. There’s nothing worse than running out of battery life in the middle of an important call, or while trying to take the perfect photo. And when you’re on the go, it’s not always possible to plug your devices into an outlet.
Luckily there are tons of tiny, portable external battery options no bigger than a tube of lipstick (or a cigar, if lipstick isn’t your thing.) These electronic lifelines are so small and light that they won’t add any weight to your bag or pocket. Here, find our eight best picks. The best part: they’re all under $15 and available to buy now.
1. Anker PowerCore+ mini, 3350mAh Lipstick-Sized Portable Charger – EDITOR’S CHOICE
The brand boasts 10 million+ satisfied customers, so you know it’s at the top of the charging game. For those in a hurry, it promises a full recharge in 3-4 hours.
Anker PowerCore 3350mAh Portable Charger
2. RAVPower Luster Mini 3350mAh External Battery Pack Battery Bank
“iSmart” technology automatically detects the optimal charging needs of any device. Built-in short-circuit and over-current protection automatically shuts down the unit to protect your gadget.
3. Poweradd Slim 5000mAh External Battery Portable Charger – BEST REVIEWED
This battery promises two charges to an iPhone 6 and at least one full charge to bigger iPhones and Galaxy models. Premium microchips ensure the highest quality and safety.
4. TP-Link 10400mAh Lipstick-Sized Portable Charger
This charger can hold its charge for 12 months without losing its charging efficiency. In addition to working with smartphones and tablets, it can be used to charge GoPro mini cameras. One full charge delivers up to 4.5 charges for iPhone 7 or 2.9 charges for Samsung Galaxy S8.
5. AGS Mini 2600mAh Lipstick-Sized Premium Aluminum Power Bank – BEST VALUE
This versatile mini works with iPhone, Samsung Galaxy, Android and other devices. It’s set up to switch off in 10 seconds when the cable is disconnected so your charger can stay charged, too. It’s so affordable you might as well buy more than one.