Today CNN launched CNN Plus, its new streaming service that aims to deliver daily headlines in addition to deep dives into specific issues and topics. Currently, CNN Plus is available on both iOS and Android devices, as well as smart TVs and streaming platforms like Apple TV and Fire TV. This is great news for political nerds and people who like to stay up-to-date with current events without necessarily watching the news 24/7.
CNN Plus Top Shows to Watch
There are currently five shows on CNN Plus, with more planned to release in the near future.
- Anderson Cooper Full Circle covers interviews with authors, entertainers and other people of note, primarily focusing on events outside of Washington D.C.
- Boss Files with Poppy Harlow consists of sit-downs with major business leaders to discover the secrets behind their success.
- Jake Tapper’s Book Club dives into what makes the world’s most successful authors tick.
- Parental Guidance with Anderson Cooper focuses on how Cooper handles life as a new father of two with expert interviews.
- No Mercy No Malice with Scott Galloway examines technology, business and society, and how these spheres intersect with one another in the modern world.
CNN Plus has plans to launch a series starring Don Lemon and Rex Chapman in April, as well as a series with food writer Alison Roman. There are also plans for another series featuring Eva Longoria and Mexican cuisine.
In addition to this new content, CNN Plus also has an on-demand library with full seasons of original CNN content and films like Black Fish and Anthony Bourdain’s Parts Unknown.
What We Love About CNN Plus
CNN is most known for its news coverage, but its original lineup of programming is often overlooked. CNN Plus makes it easy to access all of this original content without wading through the 24-hour news cycle. It also features a great service called the Interview Club, where CNN Plus subscribers have the chance to interact with personalities from the service twice per week. You can submit questions ahead of time for a live Q&A.
CNN Plus Pricing and Availability
CNN Plus costs $6 per month or $60 per year. There is currently a limited-time promotion where subscribers who sign up before April 26 receive 50% off the original price, knocking it down to just $3 per month or $30 per year. The best part is that if you subscribe, you maintain that discounted rate for as long as you’re a subscriber. It’s available now on most major streaming platforms, as well as iOS and Android.
Wave Goodbye to Monthly Fees — Here Are the Top Security Cameras That Don’t Require a Subscription