Whether it’s going to the gym, playing a competitive sport or even just doing the dishes at home, constantly having to remove a wedding ring can be tiresome as well as a little risky. While removal protects your often sizable investment from potential damage, taking it off your finger increases the chances of misplacing it or enduring the nightmare of losing it altogether. It’s these complicated problems that have many men turning to the best silicone rings for an attractive and more practical alternative wedding ring.
A silicone ring allows you to wear a wedding band in active, sweaty situations and in hygiene-controlled environments when traditional rings can’t. Although these rings don’t have a shiny metallic finish like a traditional wedding band, they are available in multiple colors and in a range of different styles, ensuring there’s one to match almost every personality out there.
You might be wondering whether a silicone wedding ring is a worthwhile investment, here are a few reasons:
- Lightweight – Once proudly in place, you’re unlikely to notice your silicone ring is even there. It’ll catch your eye every now and then as a reminder of the best day of your life, but other than that, it’s no added weight.
- Replaceable – Keys, phone, wedding ring? If you’re prone to misplacing your valuables, a silicone ring is a wise idea. You don’t need costly insurance or your rainy-day fund to buy a new one, and the sentiment of the silicone ring is consistent, even if the physical product is a replacement version of its predecessor.
- Hygienic – Silicone rings are generally made from medical-grade materials which make them extremely hygienic. They’re ideal for doctors, chefs, athletes and those in the armed forces, too. Their hypoallergenic quality makes them the wedding ring of choice for those who suffer from metal-related allergies as well. You’ll often find silicone rings have engraved patterns on the inside and curved interior surfaces. This is to improve airflow between the accessory and your skin, reducing sweat production, making them a great option for your gym workouts.
- Budget-friendly – Although it’s the bride’s ring that usually takes the majority of the jewelry fund, a traditional gold wedding band for men almost always costs more than a silicone ring. They’re a small investment for a huge commitment.
Whether you’re planning to wear your silicone ring as a full-time replacement, as a part-time space keeper or have it stored in the drawer as back up, the reasons why you may want one are clear.
We’ve selected the nine best silicone rings for men available online, the majority of which feature a home-sizing guide in the description. With three simple tools (a piece of paper, a pen and a ruler), you can measure your finger and order the correct size for a more comfortable and hygienic ring.
1. ThunderFit Men’s Step Edge Silicone Rings
ThunderFit is one of the leading silicone ring brands for men, and their Step Edge Silicone Rings are their top seller on Amazon. In the middle of the ring’s exterior is a slightly elevated strip sandwiched between two lower and thinner side strips to create the step-edge style. This ring set includes a range of eight dark tones, including grey, black and navy blue. They all measure 10 millimeters wide and 2.5 millimeters thick. If you’re worried about ordering the wrong size, don’t be. ThunderFit promises to send you a complimentary replacement pack with a better-suited size, hassle-free.
2. Forthee Silicone Ring
Forthee Silicone Rings are available in packs of one, four or seven and are a budget-friendly investment at under one dollar per ring for the largest pack. You can choose from a wide range of sizes to suit your fingers, from size seven to size 14. Each ring measures 8 millimeters wide and 2.5 millimeters thick. Plus, they all feature a breathable tire-like design on the interior to allow for good airflow and reduce the moisture present.
3. Saco Band Silicone Rings
BEST SIZE RANGE
If you like to keep things simple and safe, then the SaxoBand Silicone Rings for Men are for you. Four colors are included within the pack, namely white, light grey, grey and black. You can choose from sizes 6.5 to 11.5, which covers both smaller and larger than average fingers. Additionally, they’re made from top-grade hypoallergenic silicone, which makes them ideal for wear in a medical environment.
4. ThreeBulls Silicone Bands
Available from as small as a size five all the way up to a size 15, ThreeBulls Silicone Bands are suited to both men and women. Ten two millimeter thick rings are included per order, and each piece adopts a vibrant block color. Their design is simple and features a slight dome from one side to the other of the exterior surface. Whatever your choice of outfit for the day, one of these rings is bound to match.
5. ROQ Silicone Wedding Ring
BEST FOR WEDDING RING
Whether your wedding ring is made from gold, platinum or silicone, it should look and feel special. The middle indent running around the ROC Silicone Wedding Ring for Men makes it a unique silicone ring, ideal for wearing as a wedding band. The best part of this four-pack is that they act as a backup plan. If one goes missing, grab another and get on with your day. We’re sure the same couldn’t be said for a much more costly, and heavy, metal ring.
6. Dookeh Mens Silicone Rings
BEST FOR AN ACTIVE LIFESTYLE
The curvy grooves engraved into the interior walls of Dookeh Mens Silicone Rings makes them a comfortable and sweat-free wear, even in active environments. They’re available in sizes seven to 13 and a range of colors inspired by traditional metallic rings. There’s also one with an alternative camo print option. Dookeh uses steel molds to create their rings which ensures a premium quality product that will withstand the test of time.
7. Egnaro Silicone Rings
The subtle yet unique color palette of Egnaro Silicone Rings for Men makes them a versatile and fashionable accessory. A diamond pattern is etched into the interior walls for breathability purposes, and the exterior features a thick, slightly dome middle with a smooth finish. Every ring features two colors that are designed to complement each other. One covers the interior surfaces and thin edges of the exterior, whereas the other fills the outer middle band.
8. Groove Plus Life Silicone Rings
Groove Plus Life takes silicone rings for men seriously, as they have crafted a band with quality and style. The inside of their rings are engraved with a patented pattern of shapes and letters to spell out ‘groove.’ Not only do these grooves spell groove, but they also provide improved airflow to keep your finger cool. The rings are available in sizes eight to 14, and all combine two colors, except for the all-black style.
9. Groove Plus Life Mossy Oak Camo Silicone Ring
Groove Plus Life does traditional silicone rings well, but they also do more alternative designs, too. Their Mossy Oak Camo Silicone Ring features all the benefits of the brand’s standard design, but it is printed with a unique pattern of natural tones that go unnoticed in the great outdoors. This is a ring you can wear in place of a wedding band without standing out.