* Handy whistles to keep on hand or in the car
* A proven tool to help you quickly and easily call for help
* Choose from different makes, models and brands below
As with a handy utility knife and flashlight, a sturdy whistle is an essential component in any hiker’s arsenal or emergency prep kit. That said, not all whistles are the same. Whether you’re in the market for something to keep in your backpack, glove compartment or around your neck, these whistles are sure to hit all the right notes and won’t break the bank.
1. Shoreline Marine Emergency Survival Whistle
This classic whistle design works both dry and wet. As an Amazon’s Choice bestseller, it’s received more than 700 four- and five-star reviews. It also comes with an attached neck lanyard for easy access.
2. S.O.L. Survive Outdoors Longer Slim Rescue Howler Whistle
This survival whistle set includes two slim-fitted whistles that are able to emit up to 100 decibels, which can be heard up to one mile away. Used both wet or dry, these whistles are extremely lightweight and portable.
3. HEIMDALL Safety Whistle With Lanyard
Great to have on hand when camping, boating or hunting, this set of two safety whistles come in bright neon colors and are able to emit up to 120 decibels of piercing sounds. Clip and lanyards are attached.
4. Daixers Portable Brass Emergency Whistle
This set of brass emergency whistles are made to withstand even the toughest elements. Durable, convenient and extremely handy, this set comes with one brass whistle, one polished brass whistle and two leather necklaces.