* Oatmeal isn’t just a delicious breakfast choice, it’s ideal for skin health, too!
* The texture is great for exfoliating, and it’s full of natural moisturizing benefits
* These 6 oatmeal-containing products are skin and budget-friendly
You may be more familiar with finding oatmeal as an option on the breakfast table than on a skin care advice page. But have you ever considered taking that breakfast staple and rubbing it all over your face and body? Neither had we. But it turns out that oatmeal is capable of doing more than just being a healthy breakfast food.
For starters, oatmeal’s rough texture makes it an all-natural scrub. It also contains fats, saponins and antimicrobial ingredients which work to moisturize, inhibit the spread of unwanted bacteria and soak up excess oils on the skin. (That’s the reason it’s often used for chicken pox treatments.) Overall, this seemingly simple food contains a plethora of positive skin benefits.
Take a look through our selection of oatmeal products to give your skin care a boost that’s both simple and inexpensive.
1. Para Laboratories Queen Helene Oatmeal ‘n Honey Scrub
With an included dose of honey for added moisture, the
2. Aveeno Intense Relief Hand Cream
Give your hands the oatmeal experience with this
Aveeno Skin Relief Intense Moisture Hand Cream with Soothing Prebiotic Oat for Dry Skin, Sensitive Skin Cream Softens & Smooths Hands & Lasts Through Hand Washing, Fragrance-Free, 3.5 oz
3. Aspen Kay Naturals Oatmeal Soap Bar
Aspen Kay Naturals Handmade Oatmeal Soap Bar for Face & Body – Made with Organic Raw Honey, Goats Milk, Organic Shea Butter - Exfoliating Soap – For All Skin Types - Made in the USA 4.5 oz
4. First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Instant Oatmeal Mask
Boasting the ability to nourish and rejuvenate the skin on your face, this FAB Antioxidant Booster, which delivers vitamins, minerals and essential fatty acids to your face. These ingredients also work to calm and condition your skin. Overall, this mask is perfectly gentle and ideal for regular use.
5. Archipelago Oat Milk Body Lotion
In case you don’t know, oat milk is all the rage at the moment. A great alternative to lactose-filled cow’s milk, oat milk is beloved by vegans, but it is great for skin care, too. Inside this
6. Hempz Sensitive Skin Herbal Body Moisturizer
If you have sensitive and dry skin, the