New shoes are the best kind of shoes. Of course, everyone loves new shoes, but having a new pair of shoes to wear every day might be a bit over the top. However, having a pair of shoes that looks brand new to wear every day is right on the money. To keep your sneakers shiny, your loafers lovely and your boots ‘bootiful,’ you need the best shoe cleaner ready to scrub, protect and buff.
A man is only as good as his tools, and your shoes will only be as clean as your new shoe cleaner can make them (plus a little elbow grease). For the best results when cleaning your shoes, you’ll want to be equipped with the best armory of pump pampering pals. Here are a few of the most essential items for any shoe wash:
- Brush – Brushing is often step one of shoe washing as well as the step that leads to the best final finish. A good brush for the initial clean will get rid of any dirt and dust hidden in your shoes’ nooks and crannies. By removing these unwanted mucky bits at the beginning, your shoes will be left bare naked and ready for their shower and dry.
- Cleaning Solutions – Some shoe cleaning kits will opt for an all-in-one cleaning solution to tackle the cleaning, protecting and conditioning at the same time. Others will break down each stage into their own bottle. Within this article, you’ll see some of the best one-stop solutions available along with kits that offer a more detailed process if that’s better for you.
- Cloth – Having a cloth that’s made of absorptive and smooth material is key to the best clean. To be in prime position for a fantastic finish, always ensure that the cloth itself is clean before use.
- Pens – Spot pens are a happy household hack that will leave your favorite sneakers bright, white and without a mark.
- Wipes – Cloth meets solution and makes wipes. These pre-soaked, on-the-go cleaners are ideal for quick-fix cleaning and daily care.
- Case – The storage of your cloth and brush is very important to keeping them in tip-top shape, which inevitably leads to a good clean. Having a good case for your cleaning kit is also good for making sure that nothing goes missing, and you know exactly where your trusty tools are stored.
There are cleaning kits to suit all kinds of shoes. Whether your dirty dancers are made of leather, suede or canvas, we’ve found a shoe cleaner for you. Here’s our special Amazon-stockroom selection of the best shoe cleaners.
1. Jason Markk Shoe Cleaner Brush and Solution
No shoe cleaner cleans shoes quite like Jason Markk. This is the ultimate shoe cleaning duo from the trusted brand, and it’s made in the USA. Strictly skin and shoe-friendly ingredients are used to create the 98.3% natural cleaning solution that will wipe the way to a whiter sneaker. As far as coverage goes, this cleaning kit has one of the best guarantees out there, as it commits to cleaning up to 100 pairs of shoes.
2. Sof Sole Instant Cleaner
If you’ve already spent enough on the shoes themselves and are looking for a shoe cleaner that sits on the cheaper side, then look no further than the Sof Sole Instant Cleaner. This all-in-one cleaning design is ideal for synthetic soles and quick fixes. It has a scrubber and solution combined design that allows you to apply the solution and disperse it where required with the use of only one item. This super-smart yet cost-friendly shoe cleaner is a brilliant, one-handed way toward a sparkling pair of sneakers.
3. Clorox Bleach Pens
Spot it, dot it and stop it. That’s the bleach pen way! With the Clorox Bleach Spot Pen, you can eliminate any speck or splodge with a simple dab. Although they’re actually designed for household or apparel use, these pens are also the perfect companion for canvas or most other materials. The great thing about cleaning with a blot pen is that there’s zero splash, so if you’re on the move and notice that annoying little spot on your sneaks, you can fix it ASAP.
4. Kimmama Shoe Wash Bags
BEST WASH BAG
Bag ‘em and wash ‘em. With the Kimmama Shoe Wash Bag, just put your trusted pair in their new netted wash home and send them on a spin cycle. As they whirl and whizz around the washing drum, your shoes will stay completely intact and in one piece thanks to the wash bag. Also, the zippers of the bag are made from non-rusting metal to ensure a long life and many washes.
5. Mygeiz Shoe Wipes
Wipe your way to shoes of wonder with the Mygeiz Shoe Wipes. Their skin-friendly formula will allow you to clean on the go without a care in the world other than how fresh your kicks are. Each pack is designed with a self-adhesive opening that allows for easy wipe pulling and closing. This also means the packs are ideal for multiple uses and are therefore always on standby, ready for that cleaning call.
6. CleanKicks Shoe Cleaner Wipes
CleanKicks Shoe Cleaner Wipes are a one-stop-shop for cleaner shoes. They’re packaged in an easy access tub which also makes for great storage. The wipes themselves are dual-textured to ensure a surface ready to tackle any tough marks. The solution in which the wipes have been pre-soaked is a skin-friendly cleaner that’s made for use on all shoe-like materials, including suede, leather and rubber.
7. TriNova Shoe Cleaner Kit
BEST SNEAKER KIT
The TriNova Shoe Cleaner Kit is an all-shoe-friendly cleaning kit ready to shine any surface. Both a brush and cleaning solution are included within the kit, and the kit can clean up to 100 pairs of shoes. TriNova is a USA-based company, and they also offer 20% off their Shoe Cleaner Kit when it’s purchased with their Shoe Deodorizer. So why not let your feet look good and smell good all at the same time?
8. Crep Protect Shoe Cleaning Kit
BEST TRAVEL KIT
For those of you who aren’t down with the kids or in touch with their street slang, a crep is a sneaker (but cooler?). Despite the modern twist on shoe lingo, the Crep Protect Cleaning Kit means old school business when it comes to shining shoes. The set is made up of a hog-hair brush, a 98% natural solution liquid and a microfiber cloth which make the perfect combo for shaping your shoes into their best condition. Remember, protect your creps.
9. Pink Miracle Shoe Cleaner Kit
BEST FOR HER
It’s pink, so surely she’ll love it. The Pink Miracle Shoe Cleaner Kit has been around, cleaning shoes and being the prettiest product under the sink since 1985. The solution is available in four or eight-ounce sizes, and both come complete with a cleaning brush. This is a combo ideal for any sneaker or shoe, and the solution combines a cleaner and a conditioner in the mix for a complete finish.
10. JobSite Boot Scrubber
All doors into the entryway of homes should have a sign reading, “Do Not Step In Here With Muddy Shoes,” but unfortunately most don’t. However, by attaching the JobSite Boot Scrubber to the floor or wall just outside, you can send a pretty clear subliminal message instead. This heavy-duty piece of cleaning equipment will brush off any debris before guests get the chance to cross the threshold. The brushes are made with super coarse hairs to create brilliant bristles mounted in a solid metal frame.
11. UGG Shoe Care Kit
Elvis endorsed suede as the material used to create his famous blue shoes, and so it’s no wonder it’s now one of the most popular shoe materials in the USA, regardless of color. But, just because it’s popular doesn’t mean it’s easy to take care of. As one of the biggest suede shoe brands in the world, UGG is second to none when it comes to suede sanitizing. Within this kit, you’ll find separate cleaner, conditioner and protector solutions along with a bamboo handle brush, all ready to spruce up your suede.