* Surfboard dings and dents are an annoying inevitability in surfing
* Fixing your board yourself is usually easy and saves money
* These kits range from quick fix epoxy to comprehensive repair options
If you love nothing more than putting on your wetsuit and catching some waves, you’ll know getting a ding in your board is rather inevitable. While getting your timing wrong and missing the gnarliest wave of the day can be frustrating, getting a ding or dent in your board is even more annoying as these damages generally require attention unless you want your board to run wild.
Thankfully, most dings on your board can be fixed by even the most amateur surf enthusiasts. Not only does fixing your own board allow you to save money, it also means you can fix your board as soon as you notice a new ding. This, of course, ensures your board runs true and smoothly so you don’t miss any epic waves.
NOTE: Please make sure you do not use polyester repair products on any kind of epoxy surfboard (Surftech, BIC, Cortez, etc).
1. SOLAREZ UV Cure Epoxy Ding Resin
2. Phix Doctor Surfboard Ding Repair Tape
For a temporary, mid-session fix look no further than the a how-to video.
3. Surftech Ding Dough Repair Putty Stick
surfboards. It takes just three easy steps to use the dough for repairs. Simply pinch off the amount you require, knead it and smooth it into the board. Then, allow it to cure in or out of the water and get back to riding the waves as soon as possible.
4. Ding All Super Polyester Repair Kit
This fully fledged