* Physically having to switch the light on and off feels like a prehistoric act
* These smart switches can be remotely controlled by apps and your voice
* All options are highly rated and can easily replace your current switches
In a world where robots clean your floors and cars drive themselves, it feels like having to walk over and flick the light switch on and off should be a thing of the past. Imagine watching a movie filled with high-tech gadgets and space age contraptions, only to have the characters still have to get out of bed, walk across the room and switch the lights off with their finger. It just doesn’t fit.
Luckily, smart home technology is here to help. There are plenty of modern, high-tech light switches available to make turning the lights off and on wireless and easy. We’ve put together a selection of top-rated smart light switches and dimmers to bring your home into the 21st century. This range of options includes devices which can be controlled by an app, your voice and even scheduled so you don’t have to think about turning your lights on and off.
1. Gosund Smart Light Switch
It may sport a design closer to the “classic” style of light switch we are all used to, but this Gosund Light Switch is actually pretty smart. This switch can be remotely controlled by any smartphone, Amazon Alexa, Google Home or even your voice. In addition, the smart switch can be programmed using its time schedule function to switch the lights on and off so you always arrive home to a lit house.
2. Philips Hue Smart Dimmer Switch
Philips Hue Smart Dimmer Switch with Remote (Requires Hue Hub, Installation-Free, Smart Home, Exclusively for Philips Hue Smart Bulbs)
3. TP-Link HS200 WiFi Smart Switch
You’ll be able to control your home lights from anywhere you want to with this
4. Leviton Decora Smart Wi-Fi Universal Switch
5. WeMo Light Switch
With over 2,500 5-star Amazon reviews, the
6. WeMo Dimmer WiFi Light Switch
Using only your in-house WiFi connection, the