If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, SPY.com may receive an affiliate commission.
Is there anything better after a relaxing shower than wrapping your body in a big, warm fluffy towel?
One of life’s great joys is wrapping yourself with that toasty towel, but generally, we can only have that warm and luxurious experience in hotel bathrooms. But a home towel warmer can change everything.
Unlike using a dryer, which is a huge pain, or a radiator, which can be dirty and dangerous, a towel warmer is specifically designed to warm and dry towels. In addition to warm towels just feeling awesome, towel warmers can also help dry out your towels faster, which helps cut down on the growth and spread of smelly bacteria.
There are basically two different kinds of towel warmers out there: racks and buckets. Racks run the gamut in terms of size from smaller, standing racks better for hand towels to bigger racks that you mount on a wall for larger bath towels. Buckets tend to be more compact overall, but also vary in size a bit. You can expect to fit one to two large towels in a bucket towel warmer.
So you’ll want to make sure you either have enough floor space for a standing rack or a bucket or a good wall to mount the towel warmer on.
Those are the ultra basics, but here are a few other basic things to keep in mind when buying:
- Heat temperature: You want to make sure to check the heat-up temperature if available for whichever towel warmer you land on. Our picks all provide sufficient heat, but the temperature will affect just how warm your towel feels and how long the warmer will need to thoroughly heat it.
- Timers: An automatic on/off switch or timed settings aren’t must-haves, but they’re really convenient so you never have to remember to turn off the warmer. You don’t want to accidentally always leave it on, which is guaranteed to drive up your electric bill.
- Size and weight: If you’re leaning more toward the idea of a wall-mounted warmer, because they’re bigger and heftier, you’re going to need to know how to install it into the studs and possibly get the power through the wall if you don’t have a convenient outlet close by. Buckets take up less space on the floor, but they’re bigger than you imagine and do need some floor space, so you’ll want to make sure you have an outlet-friendly spot to put it.
- Price: Towel warmers are pretty expensive as a category and though it’s not a hard rule, generally the cheaper you go, the more likely your unit will fail over time.
- Towel warmers ≠ towel dryers: If you see a product also labeled as a towel dryer, be wary. Though a great towel warmer will also function as a great towel dryer, some products are marketed as both and oftentimes towel dryers won’t get warm enough to actually make the towel feel thoroughly warm.
One last thing to note before checking out some towel warmers. Brookstone used to make a great towel warmer, but it’s since been discontinued and was also known to short-out, which can start a fire. So if you’re looking for that, check out some of our great towel warmer picks below instead.
1. Heatgene Towel Warmer
The Heatgene Towel Warmer will make sure you never have to use cool towels ever again. This wall-mounted towel warmer has a large 12-bar curved design big enough for two large towels or bathrobes. As long as the towels don’t overlap, you can put as many on there as you can fit, like if you wish to warm hand towels.
It takes about 45 minutes to reach its optimum temperature of 149 degrees on 140 watts of power, but Heagene says it’ll start to warm towels 15 minutes after you turn it on. Just click it on five to 10 minutes before you hop in the shower and you’ll definitely have some warmth when you’re finished.
2. Brandon Basics Wall Mounted Towel Warmer
For another great wall-mounted towel warmer option, you could check out the Brandon Basics Wall Mounted Towel Warmer.
This stainless steel towel warmer has 12 bars for improved heat distribution, two movable garment hooks for bathrobes or other clothes and boasts up to 190 watts of power for quick heating and drying.
Thankfully it also features one-hour and two-hour timer buttons in addition to a straight-up on/off button, so you can run the warmer for as long as you need to dry out your towels or just get them nice and cozy warm.
3. Live Fine Towel Warmer
This top-of-the-heap towel warmer has a 15-minute automatic timer, safety indicator lights, and is even programmable with the touch of a button. It’s like having a spa attendant, right in your own home bathroom.
4. Conair ThermaLuxe Towel Warmer
The more niche the product, the less likely you are to find a name brand you can trust. Thankfully we discovered the reasonably priced ThermaLuxe Towel Warmer from Conair, a surprisingly compact, lightweight, large towel warmer. The box-like shape can accommodate two large towels or an assortment of smaller towels and clothes. It features a 20-minute timer, which is exactly the amount of time Conair says you need to warm your towels up. Some users suggested that wasn’t long enough for thorough heating, but said that 30 to 40 minutes resulted in warm towels through and through.
5. Tangkula Freestanding Towel Warmer
BEST FREESTANDING WARMER
There are wall-mounted towel warmers, bucket towel warmers and the somewhat less common freestanding towel warmer, like the Tangkula Freestanding Towel Warmer. While it doesn’t boast that much power, 100 watts, it still heats up fairly quickly and offers moderate towel warmth, if not that fresh-out-the-dryer level of heat. It’s lightweight at just over six pounds and stands three feet tall, which is tall enough to handle one large towel. Best of all, this towel warmer is pretty inexpensive, but you get what you pay for. Though this towel warmer will stand tall and handle your towels, it won’t get them as warm or dry them as fast as a more powerful warmer.
6. Zadro Ultra Large Luxury Bucket-Style Towel Warmer
This Zadro Ultra Large Luxury Bucket-Style Towel Warmer is another great bucket-style warmer. It’s very classy and traditional looking, so it won’t be the eyesore of your bathroom, and the bucket itself holds up to two oversized towels.
It has nice bamboo accents on the feet and the lid of the bucket and also comes with four different timers, 15, 30, 45 and 60 minutes, so you can get your towels a little toasty or a lotta toasty.
7. Amba Radiant Hardwired Curved Towel Warmer
EXPERT ASSEMBLY AVAILABLE
This towel warmer offers both horizontal and vertical warming, and even the option of expert assembly if required. Want to save a few bucks and do it yourself? That’s up to you as well! It has 10 crossbars and is available in brushed or stainless steel. Whether you choose to plug in where needed or wall-mount, it can go anywhere.
8. ANZZI Wall Mounted 8 Bar Towel Warmers
BEST FOR SMALL SPACES
You may want a towel warmer, but that doesn’t necessarily mean you have space for one, and by being wall-mounted, this towel warmer utilizes negative space and doesn’t take up valuable apartment real estate. This towel warmer is ideal for those living in small spaces that still require a bit of pampering. With various finishes and all the mounting hardware you need included, you can’t get much simpler than this.
9. ZeHuoGe Hot Towel Warmer and Steamer 2 in 1 Ozone Cabinet Box
One of the best parts of getting a manicure or pedicure at the spa is being greeted with those warm towels right after a treatment to dry off our hands or feet. Get that right at home with this handy warmer and steamer that has two shelves for all your towel and wet garment needs.
10. bbee.tech Heated Towel Rack, Towel Warmer with Timer
Safety should always be top of mind with a towel warmer and this one has an auto-shut-off feature that will automatically turn off after a few hours of not being used. The bars are rust-proof and water-resistant too and can heat up in just a few minutes.
11. ROADVIEW Towel Dryer Heated Towel Warmer for Bathroom
This heated towel warmer is smart, using UV lights to warm and dry towels, and it can even be controlled remotely via an app on your phone! Want your towels to be warm when you get home from work? This can be the perfect companion.