We all love a cozy blanket, but which are the coziest? There are so many different types of materials from wool to cashmere to fleece to keep us warm in the colder months. You may be wondering which material is the best for you so let’s break it down:
- Cashmere is the softest material on hand as it comes from cashmere goats that are kept by the millions in China and Mongolia, hence the higher price point. The thin hairs are threaded together to create an unbelievably soft blanket (or sweater).
- Fleece is weaved from polyester, so if you’re looking for a vegan-friendly option, fleece is your best bet as it doesn’t come from animal hides. Fleece is soft and durable and extremely warm to have in the winter.
- Sherpa is made from a synthetic polyester fabric as well and is flat on one side and wooly on the other to imitate a sheep’s coat. This is another great vegan-friendly option; it has all the looks of a cozy sheep’s wool, but none of the harm.
- Velvet used to be woven primarily from silk but is nowadays a synthetically woven material and is also made from cotton. While soft and unique in touch, it is a less used fabric for everyday materials.
So no matter what your preference is, we have an option for you. So cuddle up, get warm, and check out the best warmest blankets for the winter season.
1. Quality Premium Adult Weighted Blanket
This blanket set is super cozy and weighs 15 pounds in total, which is an ideal amount for a weighted blanket. It comes with a removable cover which will help keep it clean. Made from 100% cotton, this is an ideal choice for those looking for a comfortable weighted blanket.
2. Life Comfort Microfiber Plush
This extra comfortable blanket is made from a plush microfiber that will keep you really warm in the winter months. Made from sherpa on the outside and microfiber on the inside, the red plaid design is sure to please.
3. Genteele Sherpa Throw
Perhaps the softest blanket on the market, the Genteele Sherpa Throw is microfiber cashmere velvet on one side and faux-sheepskin on the other. As a throw blanket, it’s a little smaller than our other choices, but 10 times as cozy. So bundle up with one or two of these Sherpa Throws for a toasty winter.
4. Wicked Cozy Heated Throw
This heated throw blanket by L. L. Bean sports an ultra-soft Prima lush polyester on one side and loftmink polyester on the other. Designed with innovative heating technology, the wires are super thin and flexible so you can enjoy the heat of the blanket with none of the bulk. There are five heat settings and an automatic shut off button so you can relax and not worry about comfort levels.
5. Ultra Plush Down Throw
Another LLBean favorite: the down throw. Curl up with a good book on a cold day with this ultra-comfortable blanket. With one side made from a luxurious 300 count sateen and the other with 100% polyester fleece, you won’t be cold for a moment.
6. Ignik Heated Blanket
The Ignik heated blanket is the ultimate choice for camping. It’ll keep you extra warm on a cold night beneath the stars or can be used in the backyard or at a late night picnic. Don’t forget to pack this blanket for any nighttime occasion. Made with three layers, the first being a comfort layer, then a carbon fiber heat layer, and a directional layer, this heated blanket has amazing technology that will keep you cozy all night.
7. Jinchan Knit Throw Blanket
This blanket is made from a knit material, which is a slightly lightweight option for a winter blanket. So if you fear sweating in winter and prefer to keep it a little cooler, the Jinchan blanket is a great choice. It also comes in dozens of colors to choose from.
8. Charm Heart Luxury Fleece Blanket
A fleece blanket is a great choice for keeping warm and for traveling as it’s a bit lighter than a sherpa throw or cashmere throw. Fleece keeps us cozy and it is easy to take care of. This blanket comes in a king size for ultimate snuggling with family and friends.
9. Topblan Sherpa King Size Blanket
For those of us looking for a larger cozy blanket for the winter season, the Topblan king size is a great choice. Made with an incredibly soft fleece, this sleek blanket will keep you warm no matter where you take it.
10. Extra Soft Cashmere Wool Blanket
This stylish wool and cashmere throw would look good in any setting and make a lovely gift as well. Handwoven in Nepal, this blanket is a sure winner to keep you warm in the colder months.
These Alpaca Sweaters are the Most Eco-Friendly Way to Keep Warm This Winter