* Celebrate National Rum Day with these coconut-flavored rum recipes
* Captain Morgan is celebrating with a launch of new coconut liqueur
* Cocktails, gelatin shots, and boozy popsicles
Today is National Rum Day, and what better way to celebrate than with a rum cocktail or spiked dessert? Captain Morgan is honoring the holiday with the launch of LocoNut– a Caribbean rum liqueur infused with coconut flavor. Here are four delicious rum recipes that you can try at home using the original Captain Morgan Rum and the new LocoNut liqueur. Enjoy the remaining days of summer with these fresh summer cocktails and rum-spiked frozen treats.
1. Morgan Mule
1.5 oz. Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum | 4 oz. Ginger Ale or Ginger Beer | Mint Sprig | Lime
1) Muddle mint and lime in the bottom of a tall glass.
2) Add ice, Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum and ginger ale.
3) Garnish with a mint sprig and lime wheel. Stir and serve
2. Loco & Coco
Ingredients: 3 oz. Captain Morgan LocoNut | 4 oz. Coconut Water
1) Combine Captain Morgan LocoNut and coconut water into a shaker with ice.
2) Shake and strain into a rocks glass with ice.
3. Morgan Mule Gelatin Shots
Ingredients: 6 oz. Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum | 8.5 oz. ginger ale | 1.5 oz. fresh lime juice | 2 envelopes of lime gelatin (approx. 5.5 teaspoons)
1) In a small saucepan, combine ginger ale and lime juice.
2) Sprinkle gelatin over the liquid mixture and let sit for about 5 minutes. Warm the mixture over low heat and stir until gelatin is fully dissolved.
3) Stir in Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum and remove from heat.
4) Pour liquid into lime halves and refrigerate until set.
4. The Miami Vice
Ingredients: 1.5 oz. Captain Morgan LocoNut | 1.5 oz. Coconut Water | 0.75 oz. Captain Morgan White Rum | 1.5 oz. Strawberry Daiquiri Mix | 0.75 oz. Water
1) Combine Captain Morgan LocoNut and coconut water. Stir to combine.
2) Separately, combine Captain Morgan White Rum, strawberry daiquiri mix, and water. Stir to combine.
3) Fill a plastic freezie sleeve halfway up with strawberry daiquiri mixture. Top with LocoNut mixture and freeze overnight before serving.
If you buy something because we told you about it, we may receive compensation from retail partners.