Stainless steel cookware is the first choice for professional chefs and self-proclaimed culinary experts alike. Basically, every kitchen deserves a set of the best stainless steel cookware. And, seeing as ‘a man is only as good as his tools,’ there’s little hope of you rustling up a top dinner party reputation without one.
Whether you’re a starter chef, a cook-a-long champ or a professional culinarian, you want to make good food. To produce delicious meals, you need thoughtfully-sourced ingredients and quality cookware. A recipe book wouldn’t go amiss, either. Stainless steel surfaces and cookware are used in commercial kitchens across the globe, and with good reason, as we explain below:
- Temperature – Stainless steel is ideal for cookware, as it can withstand temperatures of up to 600 degrees Fahrenheit. However, it is not the best conductor of heat. You’ll find many pieces of stainless steel cookware contain an aluminum core which eliminates this heat conductivity issue and ensures a blanket spread of heat across the pan.
- Durability – You can be assured in your stainless steel investment knowing your new cookware will be both leak and crack proof, unlike other cookware materials. It’s extremely durable and will stand the test of time, as well as a few knocks.
- Stain Resistant – To keep your stainless steel cookware shiny, you can apply store-bought cleaner or whip up your own remedy of vinegar and water in equal parts. In the unusual situation of a stain, you should be able to remove it easily with a baking soda and a soft rag.
- Hygiene – The smooth surfaces of stainless steel don’t just look good, they don’t absorb moisture, which allows for an elite level of hygiene. This, in turn, helps to protect against viruses. Handles are usually attached with rivets or welded onto stainless steel cookware. Welded cookware is considered more hygienic and easier to clean, as pots and pans with rivets create small crevices at the joint where bacteria can hide.
- Non-Toxic – The most common alternatives to stainless steel are non-stick or ceramic, neither of which feature all the benefits mentioned above. These alternatives also often contain toxic materials. However, stainless steel doesn’t contain toxic materials and won’t react with your food, either. It’s a double win.
- Dishwasher Safe – After putting full focus and energy into cooking, you’ll be pleased to know your stainless steel cookware cleaning can be left to the dishwasher. Always check the instructions to be completely sure, but, in general, stainless steel cookware is dishwasher safe.
As you can tell, we’re all for stainless steel cookware, and you should be, too. We’ve rounded up a range of individual pieces and full sets to upgrade your kitchen and inspire a new level of home cooking. If you’re a steak fan, then be sure to check out the All-Clad D3 Stainless Steel Fry Pan. And, if you’re not, check it out anyway. It’s the pinnacle of quality, modern cookware.
1. T-Fal C836SD Stainless Steel Cookware Set
Complete your kitchen for under $200 with the T-Fal C836SD Stainless Steel Cookware Set. Among the 13 pieces of classic-looking equipment is a range of frying pans and saucepans along with a steamer insert. The burner-touching surfaces have visible copper details to ensure an even spread of heat. This modestly priced set is a one-stop-shop to get your kitchen up to scratch, ready for some serious cooking.
2. Cuisinart 719-16 Chef’s Stainless Steel Saucepan
BEST VALUE PIECE
There’s no better place to start your stainless steel cookware collection than with a reliable saucepan. The Cuisinart 719-16 is 1.4 liters in capacity and comes complete with a snug-fitting lid. It has a curved handle design to ensure a cool hold, and the tapered outer rim will help avoid any splashes or spills. Plus, if you’re a measuring jug short, you don’t have to worry; the inside wall of the pan is marked with a pouring guide to help you.
3. Cook N Home Stainless Steel Cookware Set
BEST VALUE SET
You may find yourself staring into the mirror-finished surfaces of the Cook N Home Stainless Steel Cookware Set wondering how you got so much for your money. But, that’s understandable, considering there are 12 pieces of quality equipment included in each set. The bottom of each pan is stainless steel sandwiched around an aluminum layer to deliver the best heat distribution. The lids included are made of tempered glass, so you can keep an eye on what’s cooking. They also have integrated vents to let off steam.
4. Blue Diamond Stainless Steel Cookware Set
Get the best of both worlds with the Blue Diamond Cookware Set. The stainless steel outer shells are lined with diamond-infused ceramic inner walls to provide a non-stick cooking zone that will stand the test of time. Seven pieces of cookware are included in this set, many of which are designed to stack perfectly on top of each other to save on storage space. A six-piece set is also available along with individual items. But, if you choose to order just one pan at first, it’s unlikely to be long until you’re buying more.
5. Rachael Ray Stainless Steel Cookware Set
BEST SET WITH SILICONE HANDLES
The Rachael Ray Stainless Steel Cookware Set features silicone handles for a sturdy grip. These colorful and comfortable highlights are available in light blue or red. They are also ovenproof up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Plus, the see-through lids each feature a central silicone handle and are shatter resistant, too. All of the items in this stylish set are dishwasher safe, including the two wooden utensils.
6. Five Two Essential Roasting Pan & Rack
BEST FOR THE OVEN
Having the best stainless steel cookware isn’t all about the stove. Let’s not forget about the oven, and how important cooking the most delicious piece of meat is when hosting guests. The Five Two Essential Roasting Pan & Rack is made from three-millimeter stainless steel and has an extra-large capacity, big enough for a 20-pound turkey. It comes complete with a cooking rack, which can double up as a cooling grill, too. Rounded handles are welded onto either side of the pan to enable a steady hold and an easy, rivet-free clean.
7. All-Clad D3 Stainless Steel Fry Pan
BEST FOR STEAK
When it comes to cooking steak, it has to be the All-Clad D3 Stainless Steel Fry Pan. This sizzling skillet can withstand heat of up to 600 degrees Fahrenheit and will deliver an even searing or browning every time. The low sloped sides are insulated with an aluminum layer to distribute heat evenly and provide the best cooking environment. When you see the brand All-Clad, you can trust it’s a quality product made in the USA. This well-crafted pan is available in either ten inches or 12 inches, both of which come with a matching stainless steel lid.
8. Gotham Steel Ocean Blue Cookware Set
Go all out with the Gotham Steel Ocean Blue Cookware Set. All the classic cookware items are included, along with a range of baking trays and a frying basket, too. Many of the saucepans are wrapped in a blue coating and are made from non-stick ceramic, but both the frying basket and steamer rack are stainless steel. Although it would be better if the full set was made of stainless steel, the non-stick surface of the pans will ensure a quicker cleanup, whether by hand or dishwasher.
9. Five Two Essential Cookware
Food52’s Five Two Essential Cookware range is durable, well-reviewed and stylish. Individual pieces, such as the stockpot or stainless skillet, are available for purchase. Alternatively, you can invest in the core set of seven items or the classic set of eleven, which offers massive savings. The three-millimeter stainless steel pans contain an aluminum core, and all of the handles are welded on for a seamless, easy-to-clean finish.
10. Cuisinart MCP-12N Stainless Steel Cookware Set
Cuisinart is one of the most trusted and well-reviewed brands in cookery. Their MCP-12N Stainless Steel Cookware Set is a true chef’s dream kit. It’s available in four different set sizes, ranging from seven to 13 pieces, and there’s also the option for a hollow handle upgrade. All of the pans feature tapered rims to aid in drip-free pouring, and most come paired with a tight-fitting lid. Whichever set size you choose, it will come with a lifetime guarantee, so you can cook in carefree luxury.