* Our picks range from traditional weight racks to minimalist sets
* Why pay for a costly gym membership when you can workout at home?
* Suitable for all age ranges and skill levels
So you’ve opted to skip all the fad workouts and, instead, want to grind it out at home. Good for you! They say that starting is the hardest part of anything new, like working out, so we’ve picked a few options to help get you going without breaking the bank or taking up a lot of room.
These three weight sets are ideal for small spaces and provide enough of a challenge whether you’re just starting out with weights or challenging The Rock for a spot in his next movie.
1. CAP Barbell 150 lb Hex Dumbbell Set with Rack
2. Bowflex SelectTech 552 Dumbbells
3. Ironmaster 45 lb Quick-Lock Adjustable Dumbbell System
Like the SelectTech 552s, Ironmaster’s set is also fully adjustable, minimizing its overall footprint. Starting at 5 lb, you can adjust each dumbbell in 2.5 lb increments till you’ve hit the 45 lb mark. The key differentiation between Ironmaster’s Quick-Lock Adjustable Dumbbell System and Bowflex’s offering is that you can drop (or even throw) these weights, making them ideal for cross-fit, or high-intensity circuit training.