For your next date night, you may want to think about throwing a sensual massage into the mix to raise the enjoyment of your partner’s evening (and yours!). Everyone loves massages, and a sexy massage done right is the perfect way to stimulate your partner’s erogenous zones, resulting in all kinds of fun. And with the best sensual massage oils, you can take the experience way past your everyday shoulder rub.
Whether it’s for a special night like Valentine’s Day or you’re just looking for a good way to relax, sensual and erotic massages use a deep understanding of the body to both arouse and relax, providing emotional and therapeutic benefits.
From the top of your head to the soles of your feet, there are numerous pressure points across your body that are vital to an enjoyable massage. With the right technique, stimulating these pressure points will definitely turn your partner on. In addition, setting the mood, taking your time and ensuring you have the right massage oils for the job are also key to success.
In this post we’ll cover:
- What ingredients to look for in a massage oil
- Effective sensual massage techniques
- The best sensual massage oils for the job
What Ingredients to Look for in a Massage Oil
Massage oils are mostly made up of a base oil and additives for aroma, like essential oils. In addition to making sure the massage oil you choose is good for your skin and won’t cause any irritation, you should choose your massage aid based on the base oil. Here’s a rundown of the most popular base oils and why you might want to use them.
- Almond Oil: This is one of the most popular base oils in spas around the world. It’s non-allergenic and easily glides over the skin with delayed absorption, so you won’t need to constantly add more oil mid-massage.
- Coconut Oil: This delightful oil can be unscented or can retain the tropical scent of the coconut. It’s non-greasy and provides a moisturizing experience for the skin.
- Apricot Kernel Oil: Very similar to almond oil, apricot kernel oil is slightly more expensive but is better for use on people with nut allergies. It easily absorbs into the skin and contains vitamin E.
- Jojoba Oil: This antibacterial oil is best used by people who are prone to acne or other skin maladies. It’s easily absorbed by the skin, and it has a long shelf life if you don’t intend to regularly give massages.
- Avocado Oil: Made from the avocado fruit, this oil is heavier than most, allowing for a longer massage. It can also be mixed with almond oil for a balanced viscosity. However, it should not be used on people who have sensitivities to latex.
- Grapeseed Oil: Usually extracted from grape seeds using a solvent rather than being cold-pressed, grapeseed oil is considered to be an inferior oil for massage. However, it is unscented and has a luxe, silky feel against the skin that’s difficult to replicate.
- Olive Oil: Most households have olive oil in the cupboard, and it can be used for massage when absolutely necessary. However, it usually contains an off-putting scent and leaves a greasy residue on the skin.
- Cocoa Butter: When a slightly heavier massage oil or a balm is necessary, any of the above oils can be mixed with cocoa butter to form a rich skin application. This butter needs to be warmed to become liquid, but it offers a nourishing experience for dry skin.
- Shea Butter: Very similar to cocoa butter, shea butter forms a rich massage oil when mixed with other oils. However, it does not contain the chocolate-y scent of cocoa butter. This ingredient should not be used by people with latex sensitivities.
Now that you know what to look for, keep reading to find the best massage oils available for sale online.
1. Majestic Pure Lavender Massage Oil
If a lavender-scented massage experience sounds like something you’d enjoy, then the Majestic Pure Lavender Massage Oil is the right choice for you. This all-natural, soothing and calming oil has been carefully crafted for skin nourishment, creating the right environment for an intimate encounter. The oil also contains a mixture of premium ingredients, such as lavender essential oil, coconut oil and camellia seed oil. It’s also cruelty-free and hasn’t been tested on animals.
2. Maple Holistics Sensual Massage Oil
Inside this Maple Holistics Sensual Massage Oil, you’ll find a mix of pure lavender oil, almond oil and jojoba oil. These ingredients combine to deliver a sensual and pleasurable massage experience. The carrier oils in the formula provide an absorption rate best suited to at-home massage. You’ll also find a number of aromatic compounds to pique your sensual experience, which is ideal for deep massage and passionate, romantic encounters.
3. NOW Solutions Sweet Almond Oil
BEST CUSTOM SCENT
If you can’t find a massage oil with a scent you like, use this NOW Solutions Sweet Almond Oil and your favorite essential oils to make a custom aroma. Almond oil offers the ideal massage oil base thanks to the fact it’s completed unscented yet highly moisturizing. It also won’t clog your pores. This particular almond oil from NOW Solutions is Non-GMO Project certified and produced in a GMP Quality Assured facility in the USA. However, if you do choose to add essential oils to the almond oil, be sure you don’t accidentally consume them in the resulting massage oil. Many essential oils are not safe for digestion.
4. SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Massage Oil
For a moisturizing massage oil that restores skin tone and smells amazing at the same time, look no further than the SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Bath, Body & Massage Oil. The main ingredients in this oil are shea butter, coconut oil and hibiscus oil. The first two work to nourish dry skin and provide it with a protective layer against the elements, while the hibiscus oil replenishes skin tone using essential vitamins. Combine the three, and you get an amazing massage oil. Alternatively, this SheaMoisture product can be used as a bath oil or even a body oil in the middle of the day.
5. Melt Sweet Almond Sensual Massage Oil
BEST FOR BEGINNERS
If you’re taking your first exploratory steps into the world of sensual massage and beyond, this Melt Sweet Almond Sensual Massage Oil is a great oil choice for beginners. This soothing and rejuvenating oil works to relieve stress, soothe muscle pain and create a relaxing atmosphere you and your partner will enjoy. The oil is non-greasy, soft and has an efficient absorbency, which helps to prevent any unwanted build up on the skin. You’ll also find the oil is odorless and has just the right viscosity to provide comfort for your hands during massage.
6. Kama Sutra Massage Candle
BEST FOR WARM MASSAGE
If the combination of Kama Sutra, coconut and pineapple doesn’t sound exciting, perhaps you should stick to a more traditional massage oil. For everyone else, this Kama Sutra Massage Candle is made for a warm, stimulating and relaxing massage. Simply light your candle, drip the low-heat wax on your partner’s skin and enjoy a romantic night of tropical-scented fun. Each drip from the candle goes a long way, and the skin-loving formula contains vitamin E, coconut oil and shea butter, so it’s ultra-moisturizing and good for your skin overall.
7. Fox Envy Massage Oil
BEST FOR DEEP TISSUE MASSAGE
Invigorate your sensual encounters with the Fox Envy Massage Oil. Formulated with jojoba oil, coconut oil, safflower seed oil and vanilla, this blend is designed for maximum effect on your mind and body. The oil simultaneously awakens the mind, making it hyper aware of bodily sensations, while relaxing and soothing sore muscles. Thanks to these results, this Fox Envy Massage Oil is a great pick for deep tissue massage. And, as an added bonus, it’s completely paraben free, contains no harsh chemicals and is made in the USA.
8. Nooky Lavender Massage Oil
With its sweet, aromatic fragrance and easily absorbed formula, the Nooky Lavender Massage Oil is made for fun and romantic massages. The lavender-infused formula helps to hydrate, rejuvenate and reduce puffiness in the skin. It will also fill your room with a subtle scent to add to the relaxing atmosphere of your massage session. The lotion comes in a handy and discreet bottle and is also made from 100% natural and organic ingredients, which means it’s suitable for sensitive skin, too.
9. Tracey Cox Supersex Massage Oil
BEST FOR SENSUAL MASSAGE
There isn’t really much beating around the bush with your intentions when you put the Tracey Cox Supersex Massage Oil on the table, but why should there be? This paraben-free oil is ideal for sensual massages and made with natural ingredients that nourish as it’s worked over the skin. The included press-cap makes it easy to keep things mess free while you’re getting kinky, and the included sandalwood and patchouli scent create an olfactory experience that is proven to stimulate desire.
10. Weleda Muscle Massage Oil
BEST FOR SPORTS MASSAGE
The Weleda skin care line rose to fame thanks to its popular Skin Food moisturizer, but the company makes all sorts of products using its NATRUE formulas, including this Weleda Muscle Massage Oil. Ideal for use after vigorous exercise, this massage oil contains arnica to warm and protect the muscles. Arnica is a bit of a wonder plant with over 150 active ingredients which ease tired muscles, counteract pain and prevent bruising. In addition, Weleda has also added sunflower and olive oils to this product as well as rosemary and lavender essential oils for a well-rounded massage whenever you’re feeling tired.
11. M3 Naturals Ylang Ylang and Ginger Massage Oil
BEST FOR ACHES AND PAINS
With over 90% of Amazon users rating the M3 Naturals Ylang Ylang and Ginger Massage Oil five out of five, you know it’s got to be doing something right. Whether you’re looking to relax, ease muscle tightness or just have a night of fun with your partner, the oil’s ylang ylang and ginger scent is sure to put you in the right mood. This massage oil has been enriched with the highest quality essential oils and helps to soothe and relieve skin conditions. The quality of this made-in-the-USA oil makes it a great choice for professional and amateur masseuses alike.
12. Skinsations Hemp Oil Massage Oil
BEST HEMP OIL
Built for relief from muscle and joint pain, the Skinsations Hemp Oil Massage Oil contains 10 different essential oils as well as organic cannabis sativa (hemp) oil and almond oil. Together, these provide a cooling sensation followed by a slight warming in the muscles. This massage oil is great for couples massage, but it’s more effective at treating chronic pain, sports-related muscle strain or knee joint irritation. It glides on easily and doesn’t leave a sticky residue behind. However, this oil can stain fabric if it’s not washed off directly after your massage.
13. Kama Sutra Massage Indulgence
BEST FOR EXPERIMENTATION
If erotic massage is a regular part of your foreplay, then this five-pack from Adam and Eve is the perfect addition to your bedroom routine. Each of these massage oils features a different soothing scent like Strawberry Dreams and Tropical Mango. All of the oils contain naturally-derived grape seed oil and almond oils, with plenty of Vitamin E to nourish your skin.
14. Bon Vital’ Original Massage Oil
BEST BULK BUY
Whether you are a professional masseuse or you and your partner like to give each other massages every week, you might need a lot of massage oil. That’s where the Bon Vital’ Original Massage Oil comes in. It’s available by the half gallon and is completely unscented, so you can mix and match your own essential oils to create an aroma you adore. In addition, it has a nice, medium viscosity that allows the oil to eventually be absorbed into the skin but not too quickly, creating a long massage without a messy cleanup. It also won’t stain your clothes or sheets, and it washes off the skin easily in the shower.
15. Brookethorne Naturals Refresh Massage Oil
BEST FOR SENSITIVE SKIN
Because the Brookethorne Naturals Refresh Massage Oil is made from pure ingredients and is also paraben-free, non-toxic and hypoallergenic, it’s ideal for couples who may have sensitive skin. It will provide a silky smooth encounter and can be used on every inch of your body (externally). In addition, the oil includes a mix of jojoba oil, coconut oil, peppermint essential oil and eucalyptus essential oil to give your senses a workout and help create an environment for a variety of massage types, whether that’s general massage or foreplay.
16. Rub Me Massage Bar
BEST MASSAGE BAR
Babeland is one of our favorite sex toy retailers, and the brand has created its own line of bath and beauty products. This melting massage bar can be rubbed onto your own skin or your partners. It will quickly melt into a “creamy, soothing massage butter.” The bar comes in three scents: honey vanilla, bergamont black tea, and English lavendar. Made with simple and natural ingredients, this massage butter contains pure cocoa butter, shea butter and essential oils.
17. Crystal Massage Oil
BEST FOR CRYSTAL LOVERS
If your partner believes in the healing power of crystals, then they will love this lightly scented erotic massage oil. Each bottle of this massage oil contains a healing crystal such as amethyst, garnet, pr aventurine. The property of the particular crystal has been matched with complementary natural oils. This soothing massage oil is great for all skin types but is intended for external use only. To warm up the oil, rub it between your hands before applying it to your partner’s body.
18. Flickering Touch Massage Candle
MOST UNIQUE AROMA
With three unique aromas to choose from, the Flickering Touch Massage Candle is as much a treat for your olfactory system as it is for your skin. Whether you choose Vanilla & Crème De Cacao, Snow Pear & Cedarwood or Black Pepper & Pomegranate, you’re in for a treat as the luxurious candle melts into a pool of massage oil that’s sure to take your night to the next level. Ingredients in the candles include all-natural soy wax, shea butter and apricot kernel oil.
19. Honeydew Edible Vanilla Erotic Massage Oil
Just imagine where things will end up if you use a massage oil that you can eat. The Honeydew Edible Vanilla Erotic Massage Oil makes a great buy for sensual massages followed by oral sex. The low viscosity oil blend also works to reduce muscle tension, boost your mood and further increase the heat in the room by acting as a natural aphrodisiac for everyone involved. The creamy vanilla aroma makes for a great smelling and tasty encounter. As an added benefit, this massage oil may also provide anti-aging benefits.
20. ELEMIS Musclease Active Body Massage Oil
You don’t have to spend a lot of money to experiment with sensual massage oils. But if you want to invest in the best, this ELEMIS Musclease massage oil is a great choice. The luxe oil helps to ease stressed joints and muscle pain from physical activity. It helps ease muscle spasm and penetrates quickly, leaving skin smooth and soft afterwards. It features a potent, powerful combination of rosemary, sea buckthorn, sea fennel and maritime pine extracts. The stylish presentation makes this massage oil especially easy to gift to partners on special occasions.
Sensual Massage Techniques
A good massage can light up your body, no matter if you’re in the spa or getting a foot rub from your partner. But, if you’d like your massage to lead to a little more, here are a few tips for massaging your partner into the mood.
- Start with the shoulders – Most people carry loads of tension in their shoulders and necks. Give your partner some relief with kneading strokes across their upper back.
- Don’t jump the gun! – When giving an erotic massage, it’s important to resist the temptation to go below the belt too soon. Instead, you want to build up the anticipation. While it’s okay to tease around these sensitive areas, building sexual tension is the most important part of sensual massage.
- Move to the lower back – The base of the spine, or the sacrum, has a ton of nerve endings. Knead this area with your palms. Don’t use your thumbs or fingers as it will likely wear you out before you complete the session.
- Next up is the legs – There are some strange pleasure points scattered around the lower legs. Try massaging the backs of the knees with your tongue or strumming your fingers around the indent between the ankle bone and the heel. If those don’t light up your partner, a good, old-fashioned foot massage will surely do the trick.
- Find further pleasure in the palms – It feels amazing when you rub your own palms. Give that sensation to your partner by first rubbing the points around the outside of their palm, slowly making your way into the center.
- Don’t forget the face – While many people might not think the face is an integral part of massage, there’s nothing more intimate than allowing your partner free reign over the most “you” part of your body. The temples, the front of the neck and the ears are all sensitive areas that could use some love.
- End with the abdomen and sides – First, rub circles around the stomach, but just be sure to apply enough pressure that your movements don’t cause tickles. Finally, with two fingers, gently tap the area between the belly button and the fun zone. This will signal the end of the massage and create the perfect segue into your intimate encounter.
Ready to give your partner the best massage ever? We’ve put together a list of the best oils for sensual massages. Choices include oil-creating candles, odorless oils and fruit-scented oils. All of our best massage oils are well-reviewed and ideal for creating the right environment and level of friction. If you’re looking to relax or use massage in a night of passion-filled fun, mastering sensual massage is something you (and your partner) will never regret.