If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, SPY.com may receive an affiliate commission.
Everyone’s heard of an electric blanket. But, who’s heard of an electric heated mattress pad? You have now. These mattress pads are one of the best ways to warm your bed and are rapidly becoming the nation’s favorite (and most cost-efficient) way to do so.
The great thing about a heated mattress pad is that it will be in your bed waiting for you whenever you so choose to sleep. They’re usually placed under the bedsheet, however, some can act as the bedsheet itself, too. Plus, many of these bed helpers can be controlled to provide the exact temperature you want to achieve.
Whether you sleep alone, with a partner or somewhere in between, having a heated mattress pad is one of the best ways to improve your quality of sleep. When buying a heated mattress pad, consider these important features:
- Automatic Shut-Off – If you find yourself wondering if you actually locked the front door or turned the oven off, then you’re going to love the automatic shut-off feature that’s included in most heated mattress pads. Some models will let you choose the number of hours the pad stays on, while others have a fixed time scale.
- Heat Settings – The heat settings on a heated mattress pad are usually very simple. Some models will opt for the three stages of low, medium and high, whereas others have up to 20 different levels of warmth to choose from. More options usually mean a slightly higher price tag, but you get what you pay for, right?
- Dual Control – Has your partner ever wondered why your showers are so hot? Or vice versa? If so, chances are you’re going to want your heated mattress pad set at different temperatures, too. Dual control allows for each side of the mattress pad to be controlled individually, so your side can be low warmth while their side can be high without interfering with each other.
- EMF – Electromagnetic Field Emissions are a type of radiation known to be released from heated mattress pads of the past. However, as technology has advanced, they’re less frequently found, and some heated mattress pads will go as far to say they don’t release them at all. This is something to look out for, as, of course, we don’t want you sleeping surrounded by EMF.
Let’s get you on your way to a better night’s sleep with a heated mattress pad. We’ve rounded up eight of the best on Amazon. You can thank us later for introducing you to a much warmer winter.
1. Sunbeam Quilted Heated Mattress Pad
Sunbeam is one of the most trusted brands on Amazon when it comes to all things heated, and their Heated Mattress Pad range is one of the best there is. This quilted polyester pad is sure to be a welcome addition to any bed and is an ideal first buy for anyone new to using a heated mattress pad. With over 8,000 positive reviews, this is a purchase you can be confident in. It’s available in sizes twin to king.
2. Beautyrest Heated Mattress Pad
For an entry-level heated mattress pad at a modest price of under $50, look no further than the Beautyrest Heated Mattress Pad. This mattress pad offers five different heat settings and claims to have zero electromagnetic field emissions, which is a huge plus. The cover itself is made from microfiber, and so it’s super soft to touch. Plus, the built-in, 10-hour shut-off will give you one less thing to worry about as you nod off to sleep on your new favorite heated mattress pad.
3. Sunbeam Heated Mattress Pad
This is this second Heated Mattress Pad from Sunbeam in our roundup, which is no wonder as they deliver such quality and well-reviewed products. Their polyester mattress pad is a long-lasting, cost-friendly option to keep you warm through winter and the rest of the year, too. Its effectiveness is thanks to its extremely flexible thermostat, which features ten different heat settings from very low to very warm.
4. MaxKare Heated Mattress Pad
You’ll find most heated mattress pads have a cotton-like finish, but this fluffy design from MaxKare is one of the softest and comfiest around. The top section is made from coral velvet, which is much softer on the skin than other cotton-like materials. Plus, the heated mattress pad is available in grey or beige, so you can select a darker or light tone to match your bedding.
5. Hyde Lane Heated Mattress Pad
MOST HEAT SETTINGS
You can choose from an impressive 20 different heat settings with the Hyde Lane Heated Mattress Pad. This is a top-quality heated mattress pad that circulates and insulates warmth to ensure you get the best sleep possible. The cotton surfaces can be warmed within minutes, so that you’ll be nodding off quickly as any muscle aches or back pain fade away, too. Plus, we love the intuitive control that lets you pick which settings you prefer.
6. Degrees Of Comfort Heated Mattress Pad
BEST DUAL CONTROL
The matching controllers on either side of the Degrees Of Comfort Heated Mattress Pad allow you and your partner to select the temperatures you want individually. They each also have six-foot-long power cords, so you can reach the controller with ease from whatever sleeping position you’ve chosen to adopt for the night. Each controller is designed to be exactly the same as the other, and both feature a power boost button which will give a 30-minute surge of energy to heat up the pad quickly.
7. Merry Home Heated Mattress Pad
BEST WATER FILLED
Having a water-filled heated mattress pad might seem a little out there at first, but this layer of warmth from Merry Home will be a safe and soft addition to any bed. One of the biggest advantages of a water-based heated mattress pad is that they release no EMF, as there are no electrical wires inside the mattress as in traditional designs. For this reason, this mattress pad is a great choice for any high-risk customers, such as the young, elderly or pregnant.
8. Electrowarmth Heated Mattress Pad
At the top of our roundup, we have the Electro Heated Mattress Pad, which can be all yours for just under $200. This is a premium mattress pad with all the features mentioned previously in our list, plus it’s made in the USA. The 100% polyester cover is soft on the skin and will provide a comfortable base under your top sheet.