* Mother’s Day this year is on Sunday, May 12
* Choose personalized gifts this year that show mom you really “get” her
* Order items online to skip lines at the store — and get it delivered in time for mom
This Mother’s Day, ditch the chocolates and candy and choose something that mom will really appreciate; something that shows her not only how much you care, but how well you really know her, too.
After all, a heart-shaped card or picture frame says, “I heard this is what you’re supposed to get your mom, but I’m not really sure.” But a limited-edition giclée print mounted on a sustainably harvested, FSC-certified wood frame says, “I know how much my mom loves art and cares about sustainability and this is one gift she’d never expect for herself.”
Which kid would you rather be? Here are five of our favorite things to give this year. Scroll down for even more ideas too.
1. The Best Places To Buy Flowers Online (and Get Them By Mother’s Day)
Unlike a piece of clothing, fragrance, or even a book, flowers are a gift that’s hard to get wrong. A lovely gesture for just about all occasions you can think of, they’re pretty much a universal pleaser. And with the power of the internet, sending them to friends and loved ones in the same zip code or across the globe is easier than ever.
You already know about 1-800-FLOWERS, which offers not just flowers, but succulents, floor plants, balloons, food, jewelry and decor items for same-day delivery. Here, get the bloom on seven other places to order flowers online.
2. Give Mom the Gift of DNA Discovery With This Special Offer From 23andMe
You’ve given your mom flowers and chocolates and too many cards to count, but this Mother’s Day, give her something a little more personal — and meaningful — with 23andMe’s Health + Ancestry Kit.
We’ve all heard of 23andMe as a great way to discover your ancestry, and you may have heard your colleagues and favorite celebrities rave about how the insights offered by 23andMe reports can be both informative and actionable. With 23andMe’s Health + Ancestry Kit, your mom can receive over 125 personalized genetic reports that feature information on her ancestry, traits, health and wellness like genetic weight, caffeine consumption, sleep movement and much more. She already tracks her steps every day – isn’t it time she better understands how her genes play a role in her well-being?
3. The Celeb-Approved Workout That Promises Long-Term Results – No Squats Required
Whether we’re getting ready to go on vacation, hitting the beach, or prepping for wedding season, there are a lot of reasons why we want to get in shape for the summer. But not all workouts are created equal.
Sure you can spend hundreds of dollars a month on a gym membership (or pay $40 to have someone yell at you in a “friendly” class), but the best motivation for getting in shape may come down to a little TLC.
That’s why more and more people we know are switching over to P.volve – a new low-impact fitness method that blends physical therapy, functional science and hip-opening movements to sculpt hard-to-target areas with ease. The results: you’re toning and lengthening your body by doing natural movements you would do in your everyday life, that your body will thank you — rather than hate you — for. After all, unless you’re a bodybuilder or athlete, you shouldn’t need to train like one.
4. Take Mom On a Trip To One Of These Most-Loved Destinations
There’s a reason why certain destinations become more popular than others: the sunshine, the people, the food, the culture and, at least when it comes to booking your travel, the value.
After all, vacations aren’t cheap these days, and if you’re going to drop that paycheck (or two) on a memorable experience, you’ll want to get the most bang for your buck.
If you want to get out of town this year and looking for somewhere to go, we’ve rounded up some of the most loved destinations, according to people who book on Expedia.
5. 10 Mother’s Day Gifts She’ll Actually Use
Your mom deserves nothing but the best on Mother’s Day (of course), but at the same time, Mother’s Day isn’t quite the same as her birthday. The ideal Mother’s Day gift is slightly more sentimental,and it should ideally be something your mama will use regularly. Picking the right gift for the mom in your life can be a stressful task, so we rounded up ten solid ideas for Mother’s Day gifts to help you with the search.
More Gifting Ideas
- This Modern Memory Box Is The Best Gift For New Moms
- Best Gifts For Art and Design Fans
- Best Gifts For Art History Lovers
- Best Gifts For Bookworms and Writers
- Best Gifts For Coffee Lovers
- Best Gifts For Feminists
- Best Gifts For Foodies
- Best Gifts For the Handywoman
- Best Gifts For Jet-Setters
- Best Gifts For Her Under $100 From Shopbop
- Best Gifts For Maximalists
- Best Gifts For Minimalists
- Best Photography Books
- Best Gifts For Photographers (Besides Cameras)
- Best Gifts For Justin Trudeau Fans
- Best Gifts For Moms Who Are Always on Social Media
- Best Gifts For Writers and Caligraphers
- Best Gifts For Yogis
- Best Last Minute Gifts
- Best All-Natural Skin Care Products
- Best Beauty Products For Frequent Travelers
- Best Gifts From The Christie Brinkley Beauty Collection
- Best Beauty Products French Women Swear By
- 8 Rose-Infused Beauty Products
- The Best Heat Styling Tools For Hair Care
- Best Luxury Beauty Coffee Table Books
- Gifts For The Big Bang Theory Fans
- Gifts For DC Comics Fa
- Gifts For Guardians of the Galaxy Fans
- Gifts For Hunger Games Fans
- Gifts For Lord of the Rings Fans
- Gifts For Marvel Fans
- Gifts For Nintendo Fans
- Gifts For Peanuts Fans
- Gifts For Sex and the City Fans
- Gifts For Robot and Sci-Fi Fans
- Gifts For Ryan Gosling Fans
- Gifts For James Bond Fans
- Gifts For Game of Thrones Fans
- Gifts For Seinfeld Fans
- Gifts For Star Wars Fans
- Even More Star Wars Gifts
- Gifts For Twilight Zone Fans
- Gifts For Twin Peaks Fans