* Light-Up Spinner Toys are choking hazzard
* 14-month old who swallowed battery is okay
* Take toys to store for refund or store credit
Relax, it’s not the fidget spinner. That would be more of an addiction than a hobby. Last week, Hobby Lobby issued a recall on its Easter and July 4th Light-Up Spinner Toys (pictured below), citing choking and ingestion hazards after a 14-month old toddler swallowed the battery. The kid is fine; an x-ray concluded that the battery had passed through.
The recall covers children’s battery-powered, light-up spinner toys that Hobby Lobby sold in two themes: Easter and July 4th. “The Easter-themed toys were sold in blue with a pink bunny on the dome and yellow with a yellow and orange chicken on the dome,” reads the official notice posted to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission website.
“The July 4th spinners are red with white stars painted on the blue dome. ‘Hobby Lobby’ and item number 9130033 or 9130082 is printed on the spinner handle. The spinners are powered by three LR44 coin cell batteries.”
Anyone who purchased the toys should immediately take the spinners away from children, then return them to the nearest Hobby Lobby or Mardel store. Those with a receipt will be issued a full refund, while those without a receipt will receive store credit.
For more information, contact Hobby Lobby Stores at 800-326-7931 between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. ET Monday through Friday. You can also get information online at the retailer’s website.