* Don’t need a whole set of tools? Spring for one of these multi-tooled devices instead
* Ideal for basic repairs and household chores
* Some of these picks are suited to the outdoors too
It’s always best to be prepared, whether you’re working on a home improvement project or taking a road trip or cycling trip. This is where the multi tool really comes in handy: all-purpose and portable, multi tools are easy to underestimate but great to have. Here are six of the best multi tools under $50.
1. Gerber Dime Multi tool
2. The Rose Kuli 7”
3. Leatherman Stainless Steel Multi tool
Outfitted with 6 tools: a 420HC knife, spring-action scissors, flat/phillips screwdriver, tweezers, a nail file and carabiner/bottle opener, this stainless steel multi tool is heat treated for optimal durability. It comes with a 25 year guarantee.
4. The Gerber MP600 Multi-plier
5. Leatherman Wingman Multi tool
6. Multi tools Folding Plier
Among the larger multi tools, this folding plier and screwdriver is a highly functional piece, with such features as a non-slip coating and multi-directional opening. It even features multiple screwdriver heads.
7. Leatherman Sidekick
This Leatherman multitool proves the company behind the classic multi-purpose folding pliers set is still a market leader. The Leatherman Sidekick has a distinguished, weighty and high-quality feel. With numerous functions including saw, knife and bottle opener, the Sidekick may definitely come in handy and get you out of a jam when camping or working on a project.