* Find your next book from this list of brilliant authors
* Inspired first-person reads, political discourses and social commentary
* The best-sellers on Amazon so far this year
The future of literature is female. For your winter reading list, be sure to add these eight great books by eight incredible women, covering everything from the Obama administration to Prince Harry.
1. Feel Free: Essays
After bursting on the scene with her searing debut
2. Not That Bad: Dispatches From Rape Culture
This New York Times Bestseller from Roxane Gay is a collection of brutally honest first-person essays addressing assault, harassment and marginalization. Required reading.
3. Harry: Life, Loss and Love
You already watched the Royal Wedding; now comes a compelling portrait of the British prince written by Katie Nicholl, Royal Family expert and author of the buzzed-about
The Making of a Royal Romance: William, Kate, and Harry -- A Look Behind the Palace Walls (A revised and expanded edition of William and Harry: Behind the Palace Walls)
4. Who Thought This Was a Good Idea? And Other Questions You Should Have Answers to When You Work in the White House
Alyssa Mastromonaco worked for Barack Obama both in the White House and prior to it, and she’s full of hilarious, never-before-heard stories from behind the scenes. In our current political turmoil, it can be refreshing to hear about the past from a woman who tells it like it is. Released over a year ago, this is still one of the best-selling books on Amazon.
Who Thought This Was a Good Idea?: And Other Questions You Should Have Answers to When You Work in the White House
5. Girl, Wash Your Face: Stop Believing the Lies About Who You Are so You Can Become Who You Were Meant to Be
CEO of her own media company, Chic Media, Rachel Hollis gives no-holds-barred advice on achieving your dreams. From confessing her love of Matt Damon to speaking openly on the struggles of being a working mother, Hollis owns every mistake and triumph.
Girl, Wash Your Face: Stop Believing the Lies About Who You Are So You Can Become Who You Were Meant to Be
6. Kind Is the New Classy: The Power of Living Graciously
Actress and TV personality Candace Bure shares her life lessons and secrets from years on and off screen, penning a book that’s packed with practical advice on how to stay true to yourself. Bure, who first shot to fame on
7. In Conclusion, Don’t Worry About It
New York Times bestselling author and Gilmore Girl’s Lauren Graham’s latest book is an expansion of the commencement speech she gave at her former high school. It touches on staying grounded and optimistic, no matter what life throws at you.
8. Pretty Mess
Bookworm Brigade: The Ultimate SPY Guide on What to read now